Business Mentoring Contract
I Gary King of Tendo Ltd adhere to a form of Business Mentoring that honours the client as the expert in relation to his/ her personal life and believe that every client is creative, resourceful and with guidance can discover many of their own answers.
Standing on this foundation the Business Mentor’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Work with you to help you make those changes
- Help you to develop the skills you wish to master
- Always treat you with respect and consideration
The clients responsibility is to:
- Take full responsibility for resolving their own problems where possible
- Be punctual for sessions and give sufficient notice of a cancellation
- Complete all assigned activities and actions as agreed in session
- Take full responsibility for all actions undertaken
My approach is of a semi-directive nature and at times may appear quite challenging, however, it is aimed at the client realising their full potential. I will be using a variety of models and questioning techniques in order that the client considers different options. One of my primary objectives is to leave the client with the appropriate skills, so that they can further develop yourself in-line with their personal and professional career.
Although we will discuss the basic operating procedure during our first meeting, there are some agreements that I as professional Business Mentor am bound by and these are outlined below.
- The client and I are to meet face to face or on-line as outlined in the T&Cs sent within the welcome pack
- I will provide the client with any appropriate tools, notes and recordings which I feel may be of assistance to the client
- The content of our conversations is to be kept strictly confidential between the client and I around predetermined areas set by us both. However, I reserve the right to challenge unethical or immoral activities or actions
- Any feedback to a third party will be from the client only
- Any notes taken will be for reference, and if printed for any reason (i.e., for dissertation) the clients permission will be sort before submission, and all links to their identity will have been removed
- This arrangement can be terminated in line with that stipulated in the aforementioned T&Cs
Review and feedback
This element reviews the process and progress of the session in order to ascertain; what went well, what worked, what didn’t, what was difficult and how we can make future sessions more effective. This usually takes five to ten minutes.
Pledge of Ethics
In the capacity of a professional Business Mentor I acknowledge and honour ethical obligations when supporting you, the client. I pledge to comply with the Standards of Conduct for professional Business Mentors in treating people with dignity as free and equal human beings, and to model the following European Mentoring and Coaching Council standards.
Standards of Conduct as a professional Business Mentor
- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on coaching/ mentoring as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching / mentoring as a profession
- I will identify my level of coaching/ mentoring competence to the best of my ability and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach / mentor
- I will at the beginning of each coaching/ mentoring relationship, ensure that you, my client understands the terms of the agreement between us
- I will not claim or imply outcomes that I cannot guarantee
- I will respect the confidentiality of your information, except as otherwise authorised by you, or as required by law
- I will obtain permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references
- I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our coaching/ mentoring relationship and thus would be better served by another, or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change
- I will avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients
- Whenever the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will on a timely basis, discuss the conflict with my client to reach informed agreement with my client on how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client
- I will honour every term of the agreement I make with my clients and, if separate, with whoever compensates me for the coaching of my clients
- I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or beyond my competence
- I will acknowledge the work and contributions of others; I will respect copyright, trademarks and intellectual property rights and I will comply with applicable laws and my agreements concerning these rights
- I will coach/ mentor in a manner compatible with the above Definition of Coaching/ Mentoring and, whenever asked by my clients about my ethical standards, I will inform them of my pledge and agreement to comply with the above Pledge of Ethics and these Standards of Conduct.