Hiring a Business Mentor isn’t for everybody and in fact, only 15% of small business owners do or have tapped into such expertise.
Here are the main reasons NOT to hire, with five this week and five to follow next week (read those here). Let’s have some fun and debunk these entertaining myths!
- “I’m a lone wolf, baby!” You might be thinking, “Who needs a Business Mentor? I’m a fearless solo warrior!” Sure, we get it. You’re proud of your self-reliance, but even the fiercest of wolves need a pack. A Business Mentor can be your trusted companion, helping you navigate the treacherous terrains of entrepreneurship. They bring valuable experience, insights, and networking opportunities to the table. So, while you’re howling at the moon alone, your competitors with Mentors will be howling all the way to success.
- “I already have Google!” Ah, the classic reliance on Google University! The all-knowing search engine with answers to everything. While it’s true that you can find mountains of information on Google, it’s like trying to sip from a firehose. A Business Mentor can serve as your personal tour guide in this vast sea of knowledge. They’ll filter out the noise and provide you with tailored advice, relevant to your unique circumstances. Plus, unlike Google, they won’t ever give you a dreaded 404 error (well, the experienced ones anyway).
- “A Business Mentor? Nah, I’m an overnight success!” We admire your ambition and confidence! But let’s face it, overnight success stories are as rare as rocking horse sh*t (thanks for that Mum). Building a successful business takes time, effort, and patience. A Business Mentor can help you avoid the potholes and pitfalls that could otherwise slow you down. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and even the most successful entrepreneurs had Mentors guiding them along the way.
- “I can’t afford It! Money doesn’t grow on trees!” Aha! The infamous budget roadblock. We totally understand the concern about expenses, especially in the growth stages of your business. However, think of hiring a Business Mentor as an investment, not an expense. A Mentor’s guidance can save you from making costly mistakes and provide you with actionable strategies to boost your profits. Besides, they’ll probably help you find ways to save money in other areas! An experienced Business Mentor will deliver ROI, not cost you money. Can you afford not to?
- “I don’t need advice, I know everything!” Congratulations, you must be a genius! But wait, even the brightest minds benefit from an outsider’s perspective (usually Bob down the pub). A Business Mentor can offer fresh ideas, constructive criticism, and help you see blind spots you didn’t even know existed (you don’t know what you don’t know, right?). It’s not about questioning your expertise; it’s about enhancing it. There’s always something new to learn, and having a Mentor in your corner can be a tremendous asset.
After a good laugh at these amusing excuses (I have heard them all many times), it’s time to get real. Hiring a Business Mentor is one of the smartest moves you can make for your entrepreneurial journey. Read more here. They’ll support you through the highs and lows, provide guidance when you’re lost, and celebrate your victories like a true teammate.
Embrace the idea of having a mentor by your side. It’s not a sign of weakness; it’s a testament to your ambition and determination to succeed. Together with your Business Mentor, you’ll be unstoppable, creating a thriving business that stands out from the crowd.
Of course, remember, these are just playful excuses that I hear all the time at Tendo, and in reality, a Business Mentor can be an absolute game-changer.
Which ones have you heard or even used yourself?